[Geomoose-users] Geomoose really need mapserver installation?

Paul Wickman paul at flatrockgeo.com
Fri Apr 10 09:45:49 PDT 2015

We've set up a couple of instances of GeoMoose pointing at GeoServer.
Works great, just two things to note:

*) The GeoMoose identify code (PHP) service needs to be tweaked a bit, due
to the way that GeoServer describes workspaces in their GML responses.  We
have not yet submitted these changes back to the project.

*) Attribute searching does not work because the GeoMoose service expects
to use MapScript for this.  As far as I know WFS-based searching has not
been implemented yet?

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Dan Little <theduckylittle at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you have good GeoServer skills then, yes! Use it! GeoMOOSE is setup to
> work with OGC compliant services!
> On Apr 10, 2015 9:34 AM, "Fde_G ." <federicogodan2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, its really necesary for Geomoose to have a MapServer installation
>> running?
>>
>> Im only using WMS/WFS layers from my own server (Geoserver), some Google
>> layers and OSM.
>>
>> Because im using Geoserver, i think in install MapServer and php
>> mapscript only for comply with Geomoose requerimients but that can be
>> a waste of resources.
>>
>> I try deploy Geomoose without MapServer and all looks working fine, but
>> don't know if there are some limitation or problem that I don't see.
>>
>> sorry for my bad English :-D

Paul Wickman
CTO | Flat Rock Geographics
612.280.5850 | paul at flatrockgeo.com