[Geomoose-users] WFS-T ideas

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 10:38:59 PDT 2016

Hi Brent

Just briefly skimming the TinyOWS config options:

- XML: http://mapserver.org/tinyows/configfile.html#tinyows-configfile
- Mapfile: http://mapserver.org/tinyows/mapfileconfig.html

I don't see a place where you can confine editing to only a specific few
attributes. It seems like you make the layer editable or not (where editing
includes geometry and all attributes).

I don't know the WFS-T spec well enough to know if it is an option in the
spec that is just not implemented in TinyOWS, or what. Interesting
question, will try to look it up.

But anyhow, circling back to GeoMoose, if we wanted to find a way for a
user to "hide" fields from editing, it might have to be entirely on the GM
side if not supported by TinyOWS.

Tanya