[Geomoose-users] Download link per layer.

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:53:13 PDT 2016

Bob,

In general this is a very hard problem (impossible) to solve on the
GeoMoose side.  This is really a question of data organization.

In general, there is a one to many relationship between a GeoMoose catalog
layer and GeoMoose MapSources (a WMS/WFS/other thing OpenLayers can read
service).

There is also a one to (zero or many) relationship between a WMS layer and
data files/tables.  It could be an inline feature, could be a group name
that pulls in many (MapServer) layers, it could be data generated on the
fly (DB View or MapServer GeoProcessing).

If assumptions can be made about how the data is organized on the server or
organized via WMS/WFS layer pairs via MapServer or the source data is
otherwise documented then you could have a service (possibly WFS) generate
a file and send it to the client to download/save.

Brent,

Assuming you are looking to solve this for a particular dataset and not
every possible GeoMoose datasource, I'd look at building a URL that returns
the data as (Geo)JSON (either via a MapServer query/template, WFS
outputformat, or custom script) and feeding that to D3.js to make the chart.