[Geomoose-users] Geomoose and mapcache

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri Dec 9 09:58:09 PST 2016

Brent,

I was in the middle of writing this e-mail when I got interrupted so I couldn’t finish it earlier.  Anyways it sounds like you have everything figured out.  Just in case, here are a couple tips that I would recommend.  Let me know if you need anything else.

1) make sure your tile size, extent and resolutions / scales match between mapcache and the geomoose mapbook.
2) Here is the workflow on how data is drawn in mapcache, at least this is what we do...
a) You need to configure MapServer to serve WMS.
b) Mapcache needs to consume the WMS Service  This is done in the <source> section of mapcache
c) Eventually you will need to set up a gridset if you are using a custom projection.  I would hold off on this until you can actually see your data using the built in gridset data.
c) You will need to create a tileset in Mapcache that is a combination of the <source> and a <gridset> as well as other things such as the image format etc.
d) GeoMOOSE then can connect to mapcache via WMS, or other service...

Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP