[Geomoose-users] Anyone using the grid (table) to display results?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Aug 12 10:24:22 PDT 2020

Hi all,

While continuing my testing of  the identify, select, and search workflows, I've noticed the slow performance in retrieving the data when selecting all the parcels in our demo data set.  Not too surprising as the select returns over 4000 parcels with geometry (in a text format).

As far as I know the geometry is using only for highlighting (and "hot" highlighting on row mouse-overs) so I wonder if an option to use a bounding box for highlighting would improve performance?  But it might be a little goofy on diagonal line features for example.  Or an option for no geometry (so no highlighting)?  Or ask the server to generate a highlight image
(for wms and ags)?

Or have an admin settable limit for the number of features to select (say 10,000?) and show a warning to the user to select fewer features.  That might be weird dealing with Search results.

Or maybe do table "paging" like jquery UI datatables and only retrieve the geometry for the features on the current page.

Thoughts?