[Geomoose-users] Geomoose 3, URL call to start a service with parameters

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:30:30 PDT 2020

I'm +1 for using lat/lon over 3857 by default in the hash tracker.  This is
a lot clearer for users and really only causes problems near the poles, but
otherwise doesn't prevent using other map projections.  Since 3857 has the
same problems near the poles, this is only an issue if we allow non-3857 in
the future and we don't keep loc= as a fallback.

Hash track could always detect loc and use that for the session if it is
there but otherwise use xyz (or let the default of using xyz vs. loc be
settable in app.js).  I'm not sure what happens if the user provides both.

xyz seems like an odd name for lat/lon... maybe pos, position, l, ll?

I'm rather ambivalent about the web merc Z levels.  They don't have an
intuitive meaning for me, but it is in common use, I guess.

I'm not sure this get to the "zoom to feature on startup" or "zoom to
bounding box" comment that opened this thread, but I expect that should be
doable with some code in app.js.