[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose 3 - Speed

Christopher Hughes chughes at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Feb 3 13:00:16 PST 2020

It looks like it may be the reprojection. If I set all the parameters and
extents to our local projection in the mapfile and in the
geomoose_globals.map it loads at the same speeds as my geomoose 2 mapfile
using shp2image, but it still loads slowly in
geomoose as it's reprojected to 3857. If I instead switch everything to
3857 it loads rapidly (although in a different location as my data isn't in
3857). I tested it out by reprojecting my contours dataset to 3857 and it
loads much faster than the dataset
still in our local projection.

Any ideas how to work around this other than reprojecting all my data or
changing all the files that are hard-coded as 3857? See issue:
https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/issues/192

Chris

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 9:34 AM TC Haddad <tchaddad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another thing to try is to do the reproduction in a PostGIS view, so that
> GeoMoose is not trying to do it in the browser...
>

> On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 11:40 AM Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) <
> bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:
>
>> Try sending the same request you are sending in the GeoMoose 2 version to
>> the GeoMoose 3 version (without reprojection) and compare the speeds.  If
>> everything else is working but just slower, it might be a result of the
>> reprojection overhead.
>>
>> bobb
>>

>> On Feb 3, 2020, at 10:18 AM, Christopher Hughes <chughes at co.lincoln.or.us>
>> wrote:
>>
>> *Think Before You Click: *This email originated *outside *our
>> organization.
>>

>> I'm using an older version of mapserver on this server for geomoose 2
>> (which is the one rendering faster).
>> I am reprojecting to our local coordinate system which I didn't have to
>> do for geomoose 2. Perhaps I have my extent coordinates wrong.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:54 AM Brian Fischer <bfischer at houstoneng.com>
>> wrote:

Chris Hughes