[Geomoose-users] Geomoose 3, URL call to start a service with parameters

Christopher Hughes chughes at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Jun 10 08:18:26 PDT 2020

Does anyone know how the zoom parameter is determined in the url?

We have a similar situation where we have a dataset of links to each parcel
that specify a bounding box
(rather than GeoMoose 3's zoom and point). Converting these to web mercator
isn't much of an issue
(or finding parcel centroids in web mercator), but I haven't figured out
how to programmatically create
URL's that include a zoom and a point parameter.

Chris

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 7:41 AM Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 5:13 AM Reynolds, Michael J. (MNIT)
> <mike.reynolds at state.mn.us> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to call a service or action by using a url parameter?  If
> not, in the app.js could I inspect the URL parameters and if I see a
> particular parameter name (for example "service"), initiate a service after
> the app loads?
>
> You can run services at startup,
> https://geomoose.github.io/gm3/howto/start-a-service.html
>
> https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/issues/455
>
> Best regards, Eli
>

> > We've got user cases where users have Latitutde Longitude (WGS84) for
> locations which they would like to pass to a Geomoose URL as parameters to
> go to that location directly.  Users have noticed the coordinate values
> inherent in a Geomoose url but converting from WGS84 to web mercator is an
> extra step.
> >
> > Any tips appreciated.
> >
> > Michael Reynolds
> >
> > Application Support | Application Portfolio Management (APM)
> >
> > Minnesota IT Services | Partnering with MnDOT
> >
> > 359 John Ireland Blvd.
> >
> > St. Paul, MN  55155
> >
> > O: 651-366-4918
> >
> > Information Technology for Minnesota Government | mn.gov/mnit

Chris Hughes

GIS Analyst
Lincoln County Surveyor Department
880 NE 7th St. l Newport, OR 97365