[GeoMoose-users] WFS identify is GeoMoose using MapServer

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Jan 2 16:29:25 PST 2023

Got stung by the 40kb email limit again.

Hi Tanya,

I'm not sure how to go about testing it.  I'm not in control of the MapServer demo site (I think Jeff is?), so I can't fiddle with the SRS order in map file.  I suppose I could reproduce the server locally but I'm trying to focus on fleshing out the testing mapbook right now.  And at least logging any issues I find along the way (I'm still recovering from the SLD rabbit hole I fell into).

Actually I'm surprised I got  any data at all from the MapServer site, even for display.  It only lists EPSG:4326 in the GetCapabilities document and GeoMoose speaks only EPSG:3857.

I think either GeoMoose is non-compliant by not sending a BBOX with the WFS query, or MapServer is expecting a parameter that is not required be the WFS spec.  I'll have to do some reading on that.

Brent