[GeoMoose-users] WFS identify is GeoMoose using MapServer

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Jan 2 16:18:17 PST 2023

Hi Tanya,

I'm not sure how to go about testing it.  I'm not in control of the MapServer demo site (I think Jeff is?), so I can't fiddle with the SRS order in map file.  I suppose I could reproduce the server locally but I'm trying to focus on fleshing out the testing mapbook right now.  And at least logging any issues I find along the way (I'm still recovering from the SLD rabbit hole I fell into).

Actually I'm surprised I got  any data at all from the MapServer site, even for display.  It only lists EPSG:4326 in the GetCapabilities document and GeoMoose speaks only EPSG:3857.

I think either GeoMoose is non-compliant by not sending a BBOX with the WFS query, or MapServer is expecting a parameter that is not required be the WFS spec.  I'll have to do some reading on that.

Brent