[GeoNode-devel] geoserver-geonode-ext

Matt Hanson matt.a.hanson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:49:04 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to modify geoserver-geonode-ext to dynamically generate the
geonode baseUrl, but as I'm unfamiliar with the innards of GeoServer I'm
not really sure how to make it work.

Currently as you know the URL is retrieved from the baseUrl field in
config.xml.   We instead want GeoServer to dynamically generate that
baseUrl from the request URL so that it can serve and respect permissions
from multiple sites.

It also occurred to me that this approach will end up breaking tests in a
dev environment, where the GeoNode url is not just the base url of the
request URL, it requires a properly configured reverse proxy so the
GeoServer URL used is always http://maindomain/geoserver.   GeoServer gets
a request, then it needs to contact maindomain/layer/acls to get the
permissions, then it responds to the client issuing the request.

I'm not sure where or how get the request URL from, which must be stored
somewhere for the session.   I've been all over the geonode/org/security/
java files in geoserver-geonode-ext, but with no luck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

matt