[GeoNode-devel] Time to do a Beta and a Release

Daniel Berry dberry at boundlessgeo.com
Fri Sep 25 06:57:24 PDT 2015

In regards to the gsimporter and gsconfig are we at a point where we can
update pypi.

I loaded both on testpypi

gsimporter - https://testpypi.python.org/pypi/gsimporter/0.2
gsconfig - https://testpypi.python.org/pypi/gsconfig/0.6.14

Dan

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 4:04 AM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alessio
>

> > On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I agree to start releasing a new beta (beta 27) and maybe start
> >> thinking about releasing a RC1 (time is short to the sprint).
> >>
> >> By the way: I see several issues still open regarding GeoServer
> >> integration [1], maybe it would be great to do a triage to check what
> >> it was fixed and what it was not.
> >> Personally I see #2177 as a blocker to move our production to GS 2.7.
> >

> > I did not have the chance to look deeply in to this yet, but at a first
> > glance I'm not fully sure this depends on GS. It seems to be more an
> issue
> > on GeoNode side. Do you have any more details? In any case I'll try to
> find
> > some time to inspect this issue as soon as possible. (Also, make a try
> using
> > the very latest versions of gsconfig and gsimporter, the communication
> > between the client and GeoServer has several fixes and improvements which
> > maybe already fixed this issue too)
> >

> we can look into this at the sprint, and yes you are correct, it is
> just Django, sorry for the confusion.
>

> >> Is the SQL security backend correctly working with GS 2.7 [2]?
> >

> > Never tested. Can you please send me few lines and details in order to
> test
> > and troubleshoot this?
> >

> http://docs.geonode.org/en/dev/deploy/production.html#installing-the-stored-procedure
>
> hope it helps
> cheers

> Paolo Corti
> Geospatial software developer
> web: http://www.paolocorti.net
> twitter: @capooti
> skype: capooti

*Daniel Berry*
Professional Services Engineer | Boundless
dberry at boundlessgeo.com
512-468-3946 (cell)
@boundlessgeo