[GeoNode-devel] [OSGeo-Discuss] Starting the build process for OSGeo-Live 9.5

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 09:14:52 PST 2016

Hi all and Happy New Year,

I just finished porting the GeoNode OSGeo PPA to 2.4 final.
The packages can be found here:
https://launchpad.net/~gcpp-kalxas/+archive/ubuntu/geonode/+packages

Some details:
1. I removed all explicit dependencies to geoserver and postgis.
2. The configuration is done through a shell script:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_geonode.sh
3. The python-django package provided in our stable ppa is not done
properly, the django-admin binary is missing. I backported django 1.6.11 to
trusty here:
https://launchpad.net/~gcpp-kalxas/+archive/ubuntu/osgeolive/+sourcepub/5949521/+listing-archive-extra
This new django package is not tested yet, will test in next OSGeoLive
nightly build.

So far, GeoNode 2.4 is working as expected in OSGeoLive nightly build15
along with GeoServer 2.7.5 and django 1.6.1:
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/osgeo-live-nightly-build15-amd64-a341ee0.iso
The issue regarding loading vector layers has been fixed! Will update the
ticket.

What would be the best way to proceed? Should we wipe out GeoNode OSGeo PPA
or should we use another PPA? I would recommend to delete the GeoNode OSGeo
PPA and re-create it with the new packages. Unfortunately I do not have
permissions for this, can someone please add me to the maintenance team?

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD