[GeoNode-devel] QueryBuilder for Download Layer functionality

Dimitris Karakostis karakostis.dimitris at gmail.com
Mon May 16 02:34:19 PDT 2016

Hello guys,

How are you doing? I wanted to share with you our current development
plans/progress for WFPGeonode. During the last week I have been working on
the implementation of a 'Query Builder' functionality in order to be able
to download specific parts of layers in the provided formats (kml, xls,
csv, zipped shape, geojson).

The user can build the query by :
1. selecting from a dropdown menu the available attributes,
2. selecting an operator,
3. enter a valid value

The different statements of the query can be combined either with AND or OR
operator. I have also used the OWSLib (0.11.0; thanks Tom)  in order to get
the type of attributes and apply some sort of validation (e.g. if you try
to put a string, while number is expected then you get an error message).

For the above process I have used JQuery for the JS functionality and
BootstrapCSS for the gui. The tool is part of the 'Download Layer' modal
and is currently being tested and making small fixes.

The next step will be to build a map tool, which you will select the area
of interest (rectangle tool; bounding box etc.) and download it.

I attach some screenshots of the two tools.  If you have any
ideas/advice/comments please let me know. They are most welcome!

Cheers
Dimitris