[GeoNode-devel] Setting up Geosites with custom Geonode as master

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:28:26 PDT 2016

Hi Carlos,

you can follow the docs here
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/tree/master/geonode/contrib/geosites.
Basically you have to create a folder from this template
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/tree/master/geonode/contrib/geosites/site_template
for
each geosite and assign it to the correct site. There is a command that
should help you in creating both the entries in the db and the skeleton of
the site folder
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/contrib/geosites/management/commands/addsite.py
.

Once you enable geosites, users and resources will belong to the site where
they have been created or they have been assigned from the admin panel.

> Hi all,
>
> I am Carlo Santos from UP-PhilLiDAR1 project and we're in the process of
> developing our custom version of Geonode. We're also looking into using
> Geosites.
>
> My question is, how do we setup Geosites using our custom Geonode (we call
> it LiPAD)? We followed these instructions
> <http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/devel/devel_env/index.html>
> in setting up our custom Geonode. From this point, what steps do we have to
> take to utilize Geosites?
>
> Thank you very much.

Simone