[GeoNode-devel] Supervisor + Gunicorn

Daniel Berry dberry at boundlessgeo.com
Tue May 31 09:40:30 PDT 2016

Patrick,

I have setup supervisor + gunicorn + tomcat in a centos instance. I have
seen some delays, but I am in the process of including memcached...
hopefully that will help. Apache is being used as the reverse proxy for
gunicorn(HTTP:8000) and tomcat (AJP:8009).

You could also have uwsgi running as a subprocess under supervisord.
GeoSHAPE uses supervisord for celery and uwsgi processes.
https://github.com/ROGUE-JCTD/rpmbuild/blob/master/SOURCES/supervisord.conf

Dan

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Patrick Dufour <pjdufour.dev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Has anyone used supervisor and gunicorn for a GeoNode instance or a
> cluster of instances before?
>
> An instance I help manage currently uses system managed uwsgi/GeoNode and
> tomcat/GeoServer processes.
>
> I was thinking of switching to supervisor to manage the gunicorn and
> tomcat processes, so the configuration could be managed in a
> supervisord.conf file and supervisorctl at the project roots instead of
> config spread across system /etc files.  Supervisor can also be accessed
> through a python virtual environment rather than system python.  I think it
> might help with maintainability.
>
> I saw some online blog posts saying Gunicorn is slow, but is the
> performance speed so bad it negates benefits of visibility.
>
> Relevant lessons learned would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Patrick

*Daniel Berry*
Senior Software Engineer | Boundless