[GeoNode-devel] Supervisor + Gunicorn

Patrick Dufour pjdufour.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:54:47 PDT 2016

All,

Has anyone used supervisor and gunicorn for a GeoNode instance or a cluster
of instances before?

An instance I help manage currently uses system managed uwsgi/GeoNode and
tomcat/GeoServer processes.

I was thinking of switching to supervisor to manage the gunicorn and tomcat
processes, so the configuration could be managed in a supervisord.conf file
and supervisorctl at the project roots instead of config spread across
system /etc files.  Supervisor can also be accessed through a python
virtual environment rather than system python.  I think it might help with
maintainability.

I saw some online blog posts saying Gunicorn is slow, but is the
performance speed so bad it negates benefits of visibility.

Relevant lessons learned would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Patrick