[GeoNode-devel] Geonode 2.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 - unmet dependencies

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 23:32:39 PDT 2016

Hi,
not sure that's the issue because the only place geonode 2.5 is available
is in the testing ppa moreover the error is that geonode depends on django
<=1.7 but the 1.8 is to be installed and I think is because the 1.6 might
not be available for xenial
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-django.

I would suggest you to go for the manual installation under a virtualenv,
the doc is for the 2.4 but the process is very similar
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/index.html

hope this helps

> Hi devs
>

> No reply on geonode-users, so I’m trying here.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jonathan

Simone