[GeoNode-devel] Publish WFS Layers with Remote Services app

Dimitris Karakostis karakostis.dimitris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:17:44 PST 2017

Hello all,

I am checking the current status of the Remote Services app (as of GeoNode
2.4) as we want to publish some WMS and WFS Cascaded layers. I have
published some layers as WMS but now I am trying to do the same with WFS
(in order to be able to download them as shape files).

I understand that there are two ways to register remote services:
1) as indexed service and
2) as cascaded service.

Having a closer look at the code I see that WFS is not supported for the
first method (https://goo.gl/ZQY2YU). Checking the _register_cascaded_layers()
function, I see that there is a part referring to WFS (https://goo.gl/3v8xZW
)
As you can see in the code, it calls a function create_wfslayer() from
gsconfig. I checked the gsconfig latest code and this function is not
available.

Is it possible currently to publish through the Remote Services app WFS
layers? Is there a documentation describing the current status of the app?

Thanks.
Dimitris