[GeoNode-devel] geonode 2.7.x vs master branch

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Fri May 12 00:49:14 PDT 2017

Dears,

I noticed a lot of great contributions going on the repo lately, this is
great. I noticed that some of them are addressed to master and some on the
2.7.x branch.

We used to use the numbered branches to freeze master just before the
release and do there only small fixes but most of the development is always
been on master.

I think we could end up in a very difficult to manage situation if we split
the commits between 2 as they will be soon very misaligned.

This is just a reminder :) before things get messy. There are for sure
reasons why lots of stuff is going to 2.7.x but just let's keep in mind to
keep 2.7.x and master aligned. Same applies to the small fixes on 2.6.x
that have to be ported on master, but that is easy.

Ciao!

--
Simone