[GeoNode-devel] Versions of GeoNode requirements

Paolo Pasquali paolo.pasquali at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 01:55:43 PDT 2018

Dear devs,

I'm dockerizing and upgrading my project to GeoNode 2.8.1rc0. One of the
issues I have is the GeoNode version requirements that don't match those of
my project.

In particular, my project broke with django-filter 2.0.0 which has
requirement Django>=1.11, but you'll have django 1.8.19 which is
incompatible.
I've (hopefully) solved downgrading to django-filter 1.1.0 but I wonder if
there is reason why we are using 2.0.0 since it is not compatible with the
GeoNode Django version and if I'm going to face other problems by
downgrading.

In addition I've got also this message:
django-haystack 2.8.1 has requirement Django>=1.11, but you'll have django
1.8.19 which is incompatible
Any know issues with this django-haystack version? Should keep this or
downgrade?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ciao,

Paolo