[GeoNode-devel] Deny upload for a group of users

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:08:51 PST 2018

Hello Emídio

you are right, I am not sure why this is happening but I don't think
is the expected behaviour from Django model permissions system, as far
as I remember. If a user or a group of user has not the permission to
create an instance of that model, Django should raise an error
automatically.

I am wondering if not using  the default value for
AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS [1] for a Django project, but a combination of
different backends, including OAuth2, [2] change the things.

best
Paolo

[1]
AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = ['django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend']

[2]
AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = (
    'oauth2_provider.backends.OAuth2Backend',
    'django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend',
    'guardian.backends.ObjectPermissionBackend',
    'allauth.account.auth_backends.AuthenticationBackend',
)