[GeoNode-devel] Geonode 2.7 layer upload: No AuthenticationProvider found for ...UsernamePasswordAuthentication

Jonathan Doig j.doig at unsw.edu.au
Mon Jan 8 23:31:35 PST 2018

Hi all

Trying to get Geonode 2.7.x (stable?) running on Ubuntu 16.

I have done all the steps documented here: http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/geoserver_geonode_security/

When I try to upload a shapefile (as admin) I get:

HTTP Status 401 - No AuthenticationProvider found for org.springframework.security.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken
type Status report
message No AuthenticationProvider found for org.springframework.security.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken
description This request requires HTTP authentication.
Apache Tomcat/8.0.32 (Ubuntu)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/views.py", line 715, in view
  resp = _steps[step](req, upload_session)
File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/views.py", line 298, in save_step_view
  time_presentation_reference_value=form.cleaned_data['time_presentation_reference_value']
File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/upload.py", line 411, in save_step

Seems to be a problem with 'basic' authentication used in the 'rest' filter chain:
basic
geonode-oath2
anonymous

If I move basic down to 2nd place after geonode-oath2, or 'Disable security for this chain' then I get a different error, a null store:

Unexpected error in upload step
Traceback:
  File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/views.py", line 715, in view
    resp = _stepsstep](req, upload_session)
  File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/views.py", line 298, in save_step_view
    time_presentation_reference_value=form.cleaned_data'time_presentation_reference_value']
  File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/upload.py", line 272, in save_step
    resources = store.get_resources()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_resources'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/views.py", line 715, in view
    resp = _stepsstep](req, upload_session)
  File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/views.py", line 298, in save_step_view
    time_presentation_reference_value=form.cleaned_data'time_presentation_reference_value']
  File "/mnt/data/geonode/geonode/geonode/upload/upload.py", line 272, in save_step
    resources = store.get_resources()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_resources'

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards
Jonathan