[GeoNode-devel] geonode REST role service - Adminstrator role dropdown empty

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 13:07:39 PST 2018

Hi !

I have a similar problem than the original one. I made sure /api/roles is
accessible from geoserver, but now when I try to open the admin page of  my
new "geonode REST role service", the page doesn't load. This is what I get
from Geoserver's logs :

10 Jan 20:51:18 WARN [wicket.Localizer] - Tried to retrieve a localized
string for a component that has not yet been added to the page. This can
sometimes lead to an invalid or no localized resource returned. Make sure
you are not calling Component#getString() inside your Component's
constructor. Offending component: [GeoServerRestRoleServicePanel [Component
id = dummy]]
2018-01-10 20:51:18.381:WARN:oejs.ServletHandler:qtp758705033-46:
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Handler dispatch
failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not
initialize class net.minidev.json.JSONValue
        at
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:978)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
net.minidev.json.JSONValue
        at
com.jayway.jsonpath.spi.json.JsonSmartJsonProvider.<init>(JsonSmartJsonProvider.java:39)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Is this a Geoserver bug ? Or am I missing some components ? Anyone had
success following
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/geoserver_geonode_security/
on geoserver 2.12 ?

Also, from what I understood
<http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/advanced/geonode_production/production.html#security-integration-optimization>,
the recommended way is actually to use a database level connection to get
geonode's auth in geoserver rather than OAuth2. Is this still true ?
The explanation is very short. It just says this must be added to
/etc/tomcat6/Catalina/localhost/geoserver.xml :

<Context path="/geoserver"
    antiResourceLocking="false" >
  <Parameter name="org.geonode.security.databaseSecurityClient.url"

value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/DATABASE?user=USER&password=PASSWORD"/>
</Context>

But since I'd prefer to use the integrated Jetty server (as anyways
everything will run behind nginx), that file of course doesn't exist, and I
couldn't figure out how to translate that instruction to Jetty.

Thank you in advance !!

Olivier