[GeoNode-devel] FOSS4G 2019 GeoNode status talk

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:01:05 PDT 2019

Thanks Alessio and all of you for taking care of this. Tomorrow I will give
you the GeoNode talk at FOSS4G NA in San Diego. Here is the abstract which
we used in case you want to extend the current one:

Elevator pitch:

This talk will discuss the current state of GeoNode, a popular open source
geospatial Content Management System with a large users and developers
community. The talk will provide highlights of the story of the project,
its community and infrastructure, its features and capabilities, a showcase
of successful implementations, its architecture and a review of what is new
in the latest version.

GeoNode is a popular geospatial CMS, funded 10 years ago and built on top
of a large and  world-wide spread users and developers community. Based on
a full open source stack, including popular OSGeo projects, it is used by a
large number of organizations, universities and companies to disseminate
geospatial data and build SDIs. This talk will focus on the story of the
project, its community and the current state of GeoNode codebase.

The talk will:

* give an overview of the story of the project, its community and its
infrastructure
* analyze the project main use cases and its features
* discuss a number of successful use cases and popular implementations
* provide a brief overview of the architecture, which is based exclusively
on open source software frameworks, including PostGIS, GeoServer, pycsw and
many others
* discuss the current state of the project, including the work done for the
current 2.10 release, providing details about the new features which were
developed

cheers
Paolo

Paolo Corti