[GeoNode-devel] generation of layer's thumbnail with a custom base map (Paolo Corti)

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Sat Feb 23 12:38:34 PST 2019

Dear Paolo,

some time ago I´ve been in a similar situation trying to debug thumbnails with leaflet.
Unfortuantely I could not find docs for printing execept:

https://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/extensions/printing/index.html
https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/extensions/printing/configuration.html <https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/extensions/printing/configuration.html>

However what helped me was a to double check that cleaned markup has everything we need:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/static/geonode/js/utils/thumbnail.js#L17 <https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/static/geonode/js/utils/thumbnail.js#L17>

I did this by just testing the code in browser console and adding the cloned map to the body.
Then to work a bit faster I´ve used https://www.getpostman.com/ <https://www.getpostman.com/> to send the generated markup to the printing endpoint.

If I remember correctly I´ve faced an issue with thumbnail.js deleting to much and some SSL mixed
content blocking.

Not much, but hopefully a start.

cheers,

Toni