[GeoNode-devel] Custom geonode project installation

Dimitris Kar dkarakostis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 06:19:32 PST 2019

Hey Toni,

Yes. Actually when I execute the paver setup (as above), I get:

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/share/GeoIP'
GeoNode development environment successfully set up.If you have not set up
an administrative account, please do so now. Use "paver start" to start up
the server.

And then when I run the paver sync or the paver start (as in the
instructions), I get:
"...
django.db.utils.OperationalError: could not connect to server: Connection
refused
    Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

GeoNode is now available. "

I am running the installation in a virtual environment inside a vagrant VM
(ubuntu/xenial64). I thought it could be related with the port forwarding
but that seems to be configured ok in the vagrantfile:

  config.vm.network :forwarded_port, guest: 5432, host: 5432

I also tried to check the configuration in the pg_config file but I can not
find out where my postgres is installed. I run: which psql but there is no
output.

Have you faced this issue before?
On a different note, the installation comes with jetty server right?