[GeoNode-devel] customizing web pages for GeoNode 2.8

Michael Härtel haerta at haerta.de
Tue Mar 19 14:24:06 PDT 2019

Hello again,

Thank you for your hints but now as I read a few web pages and
instructions I believe that the DEV mode is not what I want.

  * I don't want to customize GeoNode any further. I have to HTML files
    which I simply want to be loaded to replace the standard two pages
  * I have a production environment already. I don't want to mess around
    with docker or break my python installation with the creation of a
    virtualEnv (I don't know anything about python).
  * I installed Geonode with apt-get install geonode and I doubt that
    the setup of a dev environment on the prod server

Is there no way to overwrite the default pages without having to modify
the original source code? It must have worked for 2.6 but I have no idea
what made GeoNode to load the two files but I am pretty sure that it was
done by configuration without mofification of the urls.py

Any ideas?

Thank you very much,

Michael