[GeoNode-devel] I destroyed GeoNode 2.8 Django installation: How to re-install (Michael Härtel)

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Thu Mar 21 13:23:18 PDT 2019

Dear Michael,

from our former conversation I think you installed by apt, correct?
If so python packages might come as dependencies [1] [2]

It should work to confirm this by something like:
	$ apt-cache rdepends geonode

Unfortunately I have never run into a situation like this but would
just try to purge the old package,  download the package in question again
	apt-get download <package_name>
and install it again
	sudo dpkg -i <downloaded_package_deb_file>

as said all untested, just a vague idea. Before spending to much time
doing so I would most likely just restart with docker setup on the
same instance.

cheers,

Toni

[1] https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.8.x/requirements.txt