[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode & Google Code-in 2019

Cameron Green cameron.green at tuks.co.za
Thu Oct 24 03:12:16 PDT 2019

Dear GeoNode Developers,

This year OSGeo is participating in the Google Code-in (GCI) 2019 and I
will be a mentor for this year. GCI is a contest to introduce
pre-university students (ages 13-17) to open source software development.
You can read more here: https://codein.withgoogle.com.

I am currently a Masters student at the University of Pretoria in South
Africa and I am currently using GeoNode in my MSc. I saw the request for
testing of GeoNode 2.10.1 and would like to know if it is fine with the PSC
and Community that I use some of these tests as tasks? The participants
will test each scenario and provide feedback on what they experienced.  I
will manage these tasks separately and provide feedback as issues arise.
The participants will use a GeoNode instance that I will set up in debug
mode for testing.

If there are any other ideas on how we can get the participants to work on
GeoNode or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Cameron

*Cameron Green (CGPr GISc 0312)*
*Research Assistant & Post-Graduate Representative for the Centre of
Geoinformation Science*BSc, BScHons Geoinformatics (UP)

Tel +27 (0)12 420 2016 <+27%2012%20420%202016>

Cell +27 (0)83 301 3201 <+27%2083%20301%203201>
Email: *cameron.green at tuks.co.za <cameron.green at tuks.co.za>*

www.up.ac.za/ggm

*Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences*
Room 3-10.3, Third Floor, Geography Building
University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20
Hatfield 0028, South Africa

--
This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer to

http://www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/
<http://www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/> for full
details.