[GeoNode-devel] Programmatically create layers and maps from own Django App

EFTAS Carsten Stemmler carsten.stemmler at eftas.com
Mon Sep 9 02:39:39 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I created a new Django App by using geonode-project (Geonode version 2.10) to do some geospatial processing.
As a result of this process I want to create a new layer (and furthermore a map) within Geonode without user interaction.

I already had a look at the documentation, however I'm not sure about the right way to accomplish this task. Can I use internal functions e.g. from geonode.layers.models or is it necessary to use the Geoserver Rest API to import the data there directly (or another way I am not aware of at the moment)?

Any hints and also specific links to the documentation are appreciated.
Carsten

--
Carsten Stemmler
- Research & Development