[GeoNode-devel] 🎉 10th anniversary !

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 04:24:14 PDT 2019

Congratulations to all the people that are and have been involved in this
project in these 10 years, a lot have changed, both the developers and the
software codebase are much different from the beginning and this is a good
evolution, in fact GeoNode is now much more mature and the community is
very lively.  I think this is a excellent example of Open Source project
which, I think, will keep growing and evolving.
Good job everyone and looking forward for the summit.

Special tanks to all the ones currently actively contributing to it.

Il giorno lun 30 set 2019 alle ore 11:30 Francesco Bartoli <
xbartolone at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Congratulations to all the team and people involved during these years!
> Il 29 set 2019, 22:22 +0200, Tom Kralidis <tomkralidis at gmail.com>, ha
> scritto:
>
> Congratulations GeoNode and here’s to many more!
>
> ..Tom
>
> (does/should GeoNode have a Wikipedia page to document history?)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 29, 2019, at 12:26, Toni Schönbuchner <toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de>
> wrote:
>
> Dears Geonodees,
>
> raise your glasses! Today it's 10th anniversary of GeoNode (at GitHub)!
>
> $ git log --reverse
> commit 845d21bbd0d342b849e23e315a2b2208f7cd5abe
> Author: whit <whit at 125c47a5-210e-49ec-a0c6-83efc728e0a1>
> Date: Tue Sep 29 21:07:38 2009 +0000
> the trunk
> git-svn-id: https://svn.opengeo.org/CAPRA/GeoNode/trunk@362
> 125c47a5-210e-49ec-a0c6-83efc728e0a1
>

> I've checked out too see if I can find a spacer gif [1] and get Version
> ~1(?) running.
> ( Failed – will file an issue at github ;)
>
> However, it's nice to travel back in time and read what geonode.org had
> to say at that time:
> https://web.archive.org/web/20100213114836/http://geonode.org/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Toni