[GeoNode-devel] Python3 release ETA?

Travis Brundage travislbrundage at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:42:07 PDT 2020

I'm not sure any formal discussions have occurred, only the small chat on
gitter about it. I am of the opinion that we should try to push for an
official release for Python 3 / Django 2 compatibility as soon as possible,
since the previous versions are out of support. As far as I can tell, the
master branch has already accomplished this. Though there are some bugs, I
don't know if any of them are actually related to that change.

At most, maybe finishing some major issues, but my 2 cents is to postpone
any more minor issues to a future release to get 3.0 out. I did not know
more issues were being added, but you're right, the list has grown
actually...

Cheers,
Travis