[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode 3.x Advanced Installation and uwsgi issue

Paolo Pasquali paolo.pasquali at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 01:44:05 PST 2020

Dear devs,

I'm following the 3.x documentation for installing GeoNode on Ubuntu 20
without docker.
At some point I have to create the uwsgi geonode.ini [1] file.

I have updated the paths in the geonode.ini file according to my
installation and the first thing I have noticed is that I need to add
uid = geonode
or I get a permission denied error when I try to start the service. That
was omitted in the 3.x doc.

Then I get another error.

$ sudo service uwsgi start

Job for uwsgi.service failed because the control process exited with error
code.

See "systemctl status uwsgi.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

$ systemctl status uwsgi.service

*●* uwsgi.service - LSB: Start/stop uWSGI server instance(s)

     Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/uwsgi; generated)

     Active: *failed* (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2020-11-05 10:02:52
CET; 14s ago

       Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

    Process: 208347 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/uwsgi start *(code=exited,
status=1/FAILURE)*

      Tasks: 9 (limit: 19114)

Some uwgi processes are active anyway.
I'm attaching the log file. Could you please help me understand the error
I'm getting?
I can see an "unable to find requested cheaper algorithm, falling back to
spare" which is new from 2.10.

Thanks!

Regards,

Paolo