[GeoNode-devel] GeoServer crashed in GeoNode 2.10

Paolo Pasquali paolo.pasquali at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 01:28:01 PST 2020

Dear devs,

While updating some layers metadata using the GeoNode admin UI, suddenly
GeoServer crashed and now I'm not able to restart it anymore.
>From the logs I get some errors:

ERROR [context.ContextLoader] - Context initialization failed

bean with name 'wcsService-1.0.0' defined in URL

Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not locate a layer or layer group
with id LayerInfoImpl-52979d4a:172b8fc663e:-33fe within GeoServer
configuration, the GWC configuration seems to be out of synch

I have this kind of error related to several layers. My guess they are
related to the layers I tried to update in the admin ui.

The solution I've found on the web suggests removing the layers from the
gwc-layers folders and then running updatelayers.

Is this the only solution? Is there a painless fix?

Thanks for your help.

Ciao

P.