[GeoNode-devel] Georeferencing Images in GeoNode

Adam Cox mr.adamcox at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 07:37:01 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am new to GeoNode, but have really enjoyed getting to know the software.
My plan for the next several months (grad school thesis work) is to create
an extension of/modification to GeoNode that will allow a user to manually
georeference an uploaded scan of a map (Document), which will turn it into
a proper Layer. There are a few other browser-based georeferencing apps out
there already (MapWarper <http://mapwarper.net/> http://mapwarper.net/,
Georeferencer <https://www.georeferencer.com/>
https://www.georeferencer.com/) but I've chosen GeoNode as the base for my
own attempt at a new one. Is anyone aware of other similar work like this
that has been done on GeoNode in the past?

I hope to be able to contribute to the community as well, so I also just
want to say I'm looking forward to getting involved!

Thanks,
Adam