[GeoNode-devel] Questions on GeoNode

Pattara Kiatisevi pattara at longdo.com
Sat Feb 19 01:41:28 PST 2022

Hi GeoNode team,

Thank you for creating such a wonderful product, esp. the new version 4
looks really good!

We are a Bangkok-based software company running Map API services (
https://map.longdo.com/) for Thai suers. We plan to use GeoNode/Mapstore in
customer projects, possibly with some customizations, and have a few
questions just to make sure we are going in the right direction.

1. Importing of GeoPackage files seems not supported yet. Is it just not
yet implemented or are there any big obstacles against supporting it?

2. Does GeoNode already have a concept or implementation of layer analysis,
e.g., user picks a layer, do some actions e.g., create buffer, or merge it
with another layer, then save as another new layer? If we are to do it, do
you have suggestions on how it should be done?

3. The following plug-ins/feature of MapStore seem to disappear in the
Mapstore that is embedded in GeoNode. Is it possible to enable them?
* config search service / create,edit search service
* export map application to mapstore config format, WMC format
* import map context file: MapStore legacy format, WMC and vector layer
files: shapefiles (must be contained in zip archives), KML/KMZ, GeoJSON,
Annotations or GPX to map application
* add/edit Catalog layer service

4. We have created a few custom plug-ins that adding something on the
displaying map, but  those stuff won't be on the printed output. Any
suggestions on how do we customize the printing module to include those
things?

Thank you very much,
Pattara