[GeoNode-users] migrate geonode 2.4 to another server

Alessandro Burastero alessandro at acrotec.it
Tue Apr 7 05:25:05 PDT 2015

Thanks Simone... now i can install the b24 release

...but i confirm that the command geonode-updateid doesn't update the
base_link table... here is the steps made to migrate the datas

- install geonode
- run geonode createsuperuser
- run geonode-updateip
- copy (and replace) from old server:
     - /usr/share/geoserver/data/data/geonode
     - /usr/share/geoserver/data/workspaces
     - /usr/share/geoserver/data/styles
     - /var/www/geonode/uploaded/thumbs
- backup the old geonode store db and restore it in the new server
- modify the connection settings in the geoserver datastore (change the
password)

now i have all the layers defined correctly in the geoserver and also in
geonode... but all the links (also the WMS) pointing to the old
geoserver, even if i run a geonode-updateip.

the only way to se the link to the new geoserver is to manually update
the base_link table as Paolo sudjest (update base_link set url =
replace(url, 'old_ip', 'new_ip') ).

Alessandro