[GeoNode-users] can't upload vector layers, but rasters okay

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 07:09:56 PDT 2015

Hello GeoNode Team,

Recently my geonode instance has developed a problem whereby I can
upload/view raster layers but not vector layers.  Here are select lines
from catalina.out when the upload of a vector layer fails:

-----------8<---------
20 Aug 06:34:58 ERROR [geoserver.rest] - No such datastore:
geonode,mainrivers_1
20 Aug 06:34:58 ERROR [geoserver.rest] - No such wms store:
geonode,mainrivers_1
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to obtain connection: Cannot
create PoolableConnectionFactory (FATAL: password authentication failed for
user "geonode")
-----------8<---------

I have triple-checked the geonode password everywhere (local_settings.py,
manage-shell, setting psql) and restarted services many times but the
problem persists.  I can login using dbshell with my geonode password, so I
think that it's set correctly.  If the problem really was the geonode db's
password then I would expect raster layer operations to fail as well, but
they work fine ... so I'm appealing for help before doing anything drastic.

Thank you,
Charles Cossé

Protected Areas Commission &
Geospatial Information Management Unit