[GeoNode-users] Regarding the RESOURCE_PUBLISHING options, how can staff users publish/unpublish

Tukang Sampah tkgsmph at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 20:03:14 PDT 2015

Hi Simone,

Thanks, I think I figured this out. I made the mistake (?) of assigning
groupadmin to group1 from the group profile admin page
(/admin/groups/groupprofile/). It seems that assigning users from the group
profile admin page *does not* automatically assign the user to the
particular group in the user profile admin page (/admin/people/profile/),
which is necessary so groupadmin can access groupmember's unpublished layer
from the group activity page (group1 also only needs the "Who can manage
it?" permission for the layer). I had to assign groupadmin manually to
group1 in their user profile admin page. This is already handled
automatically if I assign groupadmin in the manage group members page
(/groups/group/group1/members/). Perhaps this is can be considered a bug?

Also for groupadmin to be able to actually publish the layer, they must
also have the permission to edit the layers metadata as well. And then they
will be able to enable the "Is published" field. I find it kind of odd that
even though a user has the "Who can manage it?" permission they must also
have the "Who can change metadata for it?" just to be able to publish the
layer.

Regards,

Tukang