[GeoNode-users] new project from template

tom at maptec.org tom at maptec.org
Wed Dec 2 21:26:33 PST 2015

Hello list,

I am attempting to create a new geonode project from template using the
instructions from geonode_project
(https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project). The goal is to get the html
and css template files into Github so someone else can make the
modifications.

The instructions may not be updated for the 2.4 release, although I have
figured out some of it. Like the local_settings.py.sample is no longer
included.

After updating the geonode.wsgi file and restarting apache I have a no
permission issue accessing the webpage. Tried updating ip but no luck.

I did come across an article (link below) about  how the access control
configuration has changed in Apache 2.4.7. Tried their solution but still no
luck. Getting out of my knowledge area so not sure where the problem is.

http://www.zyxware.com/articles/4550/solved-forbidden-you-dont-have-permissi
on-to-access-on-this-server

Tom