[GeoNode-users] Layers with epsg:4618 shiffting in GeoNode

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:59:32 PDT 2015

-- replying to the list --

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the input. EPSG:4618 is a geographic coordinate system based on
the South American Datum. And apparently somewhere GeoNode is not liking
this coordinate system. If I convert the data to EPSG:4326 in QGis prior to
uploading, it all works fine. Could it be that QGIS understands the .prj
file for the EPSG:4618 but GeoNode does not and assumes EPSG:4326?

By looking at the ISO metadata from the EPSG:4618 layer, it tells me that
the data is in EPSG:4326. Does GeoNode converts the SRS on layer upload? Or
is that telling me that my projection file was bogus?

Thanks
Daniel