[GeoNode-users] Cannot find /var/lib/geonode/ to get templates

GC-54 nepanode at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:51:52 PDT 2015

First things first - when making reference to documentation please provide
a link to where you encountered this as there is a developers customization
and admin customization depending on how you've deployed geonode...

Second tip is to use these linux commands when looking for a file or
directory:

$ sudo updatedb
$ sudo locate {name} | less

*Those two lines will usually do the trick if your looking for a specific
file or directory just replace {name} with whatever file/dir/path your
looking for...

*But for what you're looking for the directory geonode is deployed her*e:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/templates/

?Did you already setup your geonode=project within a virtualenvironment?