[GeoNode-users] Postgis extension on geonode DB

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Tue May 12 05:06:09 PDT 2015

Right, the best way is still wrap your project into a geonode_project which
is installed system wide as geonode is so it will be integrated and the
geonode_project's INSTALLED_APP will be able to use your own app as well as
geonode.
The geonode_porject settings will add what needed to the geonode settings
and you can leave /etc/geonode/local_settings.py as default.
If you don't want to use the project (but you should :) ) then you have to
make sure that your own app is usable by geonode (in the PYTHONPATH or
installed) and add it to the INSTALLED_APPS list.

No harms in adding postgis to the geondode db, it is just not that
recommended to mix geonode contents with geonode internal data for
maintenance purpose.

Ciao