[GeoNode-users] How to add the ArcGIS (or any other) baselayer to GeoNode?

Melvin Ramos melvin.ramos1991 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:25:50 PDT 2015

Hello community,

Developing my GeoNode project I realized that the maps that I would like to
use as basemap didn't have the resolution my client needs (100 meters, 50
meters or lower in the scale, which would be in GeoNode 1:136494 or lower).
So I started looking for map services and I went inmediatly to ArcGIS (if
you have to know of more services with this powerful maps would be nice).

Now I have no idea how to add the ArcGIS map as a baselayer.

This is the World Imagery page
http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9

Here, at the bottom, specifies the data that I guess can be used to add it
(which I'm pasting here just in case):
*Scale Range:* 1:591,657,528 down to 1:1,128

Coordinate System: Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere (WKID 102100)

Tiling Scheme: Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere
<http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisonline/content/011q/011q00000002000000.htm>

*Map Service Name:* World_Imagery

*ArcGIS Desktop/Explorer URL:*
http://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/services

*ArcGIS Desktop files: * MXD
<http://downloads2.esri.com/resources/arcgisdesktop/maps/World_Imagery.mxd>
   LYR
<http://downloads2.esri.com/resources/arcgisdesktop/layers/World_Imagery.lyr>
(These ready-to-use files contain this service and associated reference
overlay services. ArcGIS 9.3 or more recent required).

*ArcGIS Server **Manager and **Web ADF URL:*
http://server.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/services/World_Imagery/MapServer

*REST URL for ArcGIS Web APIs:*
http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer

*SOAP API URL:*