[GeoNode-users] How to add the ArcGIS (or any other) baselayer to GeoNode?

GC-54 nepanode at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:49:31 PDT 2015

Melvin,

If your using Geoexplorer you can add an ArcGIS server as a basemap service
as a XYZ tile basemap...the conditions are: 1. the basemap
Must be in EPSG:3857 pseudo-Mercator (web Mercator) 2. The WMTS must be
enabled on the ArcGIS server 3. You must create the basemap for 0 zoom
level any smaller bbox will ruin the tile cache created as ESRI desided itd
be a good idea to start the tile cache as the extent of the resource making
it impossible to use as a standard basemap service otherwise. Here is an
example of the URL you want to then register in GeoNode's local_settings in
the pre-configured basemaps:

http://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/USA_Topo_Maps/MapServer/tile/{z}/{y}/{x}

Reference this for the construction in settings:

https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/1286

Let me know how it goes I'm using ArcGIS basemaps for our Geojson extension
but using MapBox XYZ tile service for both our editors.. Only thing I can
account for is the ZYX vs XYZ url construct and how Geoext handles that...

Good luck