[GeoNode-users] geonode updatelayers exception "non-XML response"

Christian Willmes c.willmes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Nov 10 08:16:40 PST 2015


I get the attached two error stack traces in catalina.out, regarding 
remote services.

I tried to add this service: 

The Metadata is read in correctly, on accessing the layer from the 
GeoNode frontend, I get error1.log.
On accessing the layer remotely from a third party application, I get 
the error2.log stack trace.

It seems the metadata is read in correctly, but the layer is not created...


Am 10.11.2015 um 09:41 schrieb Christian Willmes:
> The "catalina.out" provides some useful information. I did not looked 
> there yet, will take some time for it this afternoon, and report back 
> if there is still a problem, and what its about. If I still can't fix 
> it, I will try to join during the sprint online next week.
> Thanks,
> Christian
> Am 09.11.2015 um 15:48 schrieb Jeffrey Johnson:
>> Christian,
>> Can you join us online next week during the sprint to look into this
>> issue? Also, its probably helpful if you paste the stacktrace from
>> tomcat.
>> Jeff
>> On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 11:49 PM, Christian Willmes
>> <christian.willmes at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> any advice on this? How can I fix it and preserve my data, and most
>>> important the URLs?
>>> I considered reinstalling Geonode, by preserving the GeoServer, but I
>>> figured, that this may break the URLs, which would be bad, because 
>>> other
>>> applications link to the Geonode resources.
>>> Regards,
>>> Christian
>>> Am 05.11.2015 um 16:58 schrieb Christian Willmes:
>>>> Hi,
>>>> I can't run the "geonode updatelayers" command anymore, because it 
>>>> always
>>>> aborts with an error like:
>>>>>> Exception: ('GeoServer gave non-XML response for [GET
>>>>>> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/geonode/datastores/datastore/featuretypes/lgm_landmask_hires.xml]: 
>>>>>> <featureType>\n <name>lgm_landmask_hires</name>\n
>>>>>> <nativeName>lgm_landmask_hires</nativeName>\n <namespace>\n
>>>>>> <name>geonode</name>\n   [...]
>>>> I cant fix the schema in geoserver by reloading the feature type in 
>>>> the
>>>> Layer edit view, but it does not work. It throws really long java 
>>>> stack
>>>> trace in the "publication" tab, one line says:
>>>>>> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Schema 'lgm_landmask_hires' does not
>>>>>> exist.
>>>> I also completely deleted another layer, that throwed this same error
>>>> before. But its not really an option to delete all layers to be 
>>>> able to run
>>>> the command again.
>>>> I also tried with the --ignore-errors option, but got the same error /
>>>> abort.
>>>> How can I fix or circumvent this problem?
>>>> Thanks and regards,
>>>> Christian
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> geonode-users mailing list
>>> geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org
>>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geonode-users
>> _______________________________________________
>> geonode-users mailing list
>> geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geonode-users

Christian Willmes	
AG GIS & Fernerkundung      | GIS & RS Group
Geographisches Institut     | Institute of Geography
Universität zu Köln         | University of Cologne
Tel.: +49 (0)221 470 6234

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: error1.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 9426 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geonode-users/attachments/20151110/0c15cf76/attachment-0002.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: error2.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 9246 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geonode-users/attachments/20151110/0c15cf76/attachment-0003.bin>

More information about the geonode-users mailing list