[GeoNode-users] projects managing in geonode

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:13:38 PST 2015

Thanks Simone,
that's what I was looking for!

I'm going to read the documentation, but I'm sure I will be back on this list for further doubts....

E.

From: simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:57:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [GeoNode-users] projects managing in geonode
To: frippe12573 at hotmail.com
CC: geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org

Hi Eugenio,you may want to take a look at the geosites contrib app, docs are there as well https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/tree/master/geonode/contrib/geosites.
For the templates I suggest you to look over the django guide.
ciao

Hi all,

after a bit long time to adjust a version of geonode on my production server, now it's running.
However before using it I need to understand what is the best way, let's say even the philosophy, to manage different projects
which can possibly share information.

What I understand is that I can use a single istance of geonode for all my projects, but I need to create different portals which however
point to the same spatial db and geoserver for the spatial data (indicating different datastore in each local_setting.py but different db to store the django tables. Is that correct?

Over the tutorial: http://docs.geonode.org/en/latest/tutorials/admin/customize_admin/theme_admin.html#customize-theme-admin
I wonder if there is some other guide or reference to understand more deeply how to work with the template.

Thank you

Eugenio

geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org