[GeoNode-users] GeoNode Upgrade

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 10:41:36 PST 2015

Hi

read the comments in this issue:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/issues/2067

then you can then try to use this branch, where there are the migration scripts:
https://github.com/capooti/geonode/blob/migration_from20_to_24/scripts/migrations/migrate20to24/index.rst

they worked successfully already for 2/3 organizations using GeoNode

regards

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 2:21 AM, Simone Dalmasso
<simone.dalmasso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> the migrations are not automatic and it's not possible to install the 2.4
> just on top of the 2.0.1 due to the big amount of changes happened. There
> are manual migrations that you can do though, they have been used
> successfully some times. I'm cc.ing @capooti for more details.
>
> Ciao

>> Hi,
>>
>> Congrats to the developers team!!  I was looking forward to downloading
>> the new release!  By the way, how can I upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.4 without
>> losing all my GeoServer and User/permission data?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Agur bero bat,
>>

>> David Alda Fernández de Lezea
>> Área de Sistemas de Información Geográfica, Planificación Territorial y
>> Forestal Informazio Geografikoen Sistemak, Lurralde eta Baso Antolaketaren
>> Arloa.
>> dalda at hazi.eus | www.hazi.eus
>> T 945 003 240 - M 627 923 170 - F 945 003 290
>> Hazi | Granja Modelo de Arkaute s/n | 01192 Arkaute - Araba
>>
>> *********************  LEGE OHARRA   *******************   AVISOLEGAL
>> *******************   DISCLAIMER   *****************************
>> Mezu hau pertsonala eta isilpekoa da eta baimenik gabeko erabilera
>> debekatua dago legalki. Jasotzailea ez bazara ezabatu mezua, bidali eta
>> kontserbatu gabe.
>> Este mensaje es personal y confidencial y su uso no autorizado está
>> prohibido legalmente. Si usted no es el destinatario, proceda a borrarlo,
>> sin reenviarlo ni conservarlo.
>> This message is personal and confidential, unauthorised use is legally
>> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, delete it without
>> resending or backing it.

> Simone

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer