[GeoNode-users] "sudo paver setup" command hangs when trying to install on Ubuntu 14.04

Kevin Côté Kevin.Cote2 at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Aug 22 08:51:12 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to do a fresh install on a Ubuntu 14.04 VM without using the
direct method "sudo apt-get install geonode". I want to install it this
way to be able to follow steps in the doc for customizing the look of
the plateform.

I'm following the steps from this tutorial:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/index.html

The problem is when I run the command "sudo paver setup", the script
download the geoserver.war binary, but then hangs there and does not do
anything else. It gets stuck at "Downloading geoserver binary" in the
console.

Anyone has an idea why it is doing such thing ? Is there a problem with
the pavement.py file ?

Thank you